MAW Communications, Inc. is a rapidly expanding company looking for motivated, hard-working individuals to join a team that is transforming local telecommunications. Through state of the art engineering, this Pennsylvania public utility provides affordable, high-speed broadband and data transportation services to residential, business and institutional clients.
Position: Telecommunications Technician, Entry Level
Based in: Reading/Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Responsible to: Outside Plant Manager
Qualifications: Highly motivated, trustworthy individual with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team.
Hands on knowledge and experience in use of basic tools
Experience in splicing, fiber termination, and surveying preferred.
Experience with PONs, FTTP/FTTH networks, OTDR trace evaluations, highly preferred.
Must demonstrate ability to read AutoCAD outputs, blueprints, and other drawings, or willingness to learn.
Bi-lingual (Spanish) capabilities a plus. OSHA training and bucket truck lift operations experience a plus.
WILL TRAIN THE RIGHT CANDIDATE.
Responsibilities: The Telecommunications Technician works closely with the Outside Plant Manager to maintain and expand the existing fiber network.
Specifically, the Telecommunications Technician:
- Works with installation team on fiber deployment, including aerial and underground installations.
- Conducts routine network expansions including splicing and fiber termination.
- Responds to PA1 service calls
- Works with Outside Plant Manager and Network Engineer to perform end-user installations
- Interfaces directly with end-users to ensure a positive customer experience during installation.
- Works with Outside Plant Manager to respond to any outside plant concerns as they arise.
MAW Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified persons, and will take each application into consideration without regard to the applicant’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, nationality, marital status, age, physical disability, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law.
MAW Communications, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to grow with the organization. Interested applicants submit their resume to email@example.com.